Pennsylvania Attorney based in Philadelphia – Douglas P. Earl, Esquire
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire brings more than 28 years of experience to every case. He is a 1988 graduate of New York Law School and a 1982 graduate of Villanova University. While attending law school, he continued working for the Massachusetts Department of Revenue. Mr. Earl was then an intern with the Kings (Brooklyn) County, New York District Attorney’s Office until my graduation from law school.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire regularly practices in Philadelphia, Bucks, Delaware and Philadelphia Counties. He advocates for people wherever someone needs him. Our law office understands that when people hire an attorney, they are often experiencing very stressful situations. People need someone who cares about them and is effective. The Law Office of Douglas Earl, LLC makes sure our clients not only receive high-quality legal services, but also the support and resources they deserve.
It matters when it is your day in court that you have a lawyer ready to fight for you anywhere in Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery Counties, in Philadelphia or throughout Pennsylvania who has been there and knows how to represent you. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire’s preparation will also help you a great deal. You will know what to expect, what documents you need, what discovery will help you the most, what you will be asked in court, what witnesses will help you. The preparation may also help you with an advantageous settlement. Regardless, Douglas P. Earl, Esquire is prepared to fight for you in court and every step leading up to your hearing or trial.
The experience of Douglas P. Earl, Esquire allows him to provide high quality representation while maintaining a personal relationship with you. Mr. Earl understands that by the time someone is searching for a lawyer in Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery Counties, Philadelphia or anywhere in Pennsylvania, they are already experiencing a stressful situation. Starting with your initial consultation Mr. Earl will listen to you, pay close attention to the details and provide an honest assessment of your case, whether good or bad. His goal is to help you or your love one be successful during this stressful time and provide you with the aggressive representation that you deserve.
Philadelphia Family Lawyer
You will find Mr. Earl in court two to five days a week. With more than 28 years of experience on our side, you can be certain that Mr. Earl has encountered situations like yours before. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire knows how to anticipate the challenges that arise in criminal, divorce and family law cases. He knows how to overcome these challenges, no matter how complex they may seem at first.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire has represented thousands of individuals in Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery Counties, Philadelphia and throughout Pennsylvania in Adoption, Custody, Child and Spousal Support, Divorce, Protection From Abuse, Domestic Violence cases. Mr. Earl asks questions and investigates your case to get a clear understanding of the situation concerning your children and the difficulty you are having. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire has represented parents in Erie and Lycoming Counties in Custody cases. Mr. Earl knows the impact of the changes in Pennsylvania in the Custody and Domestic Relations laws that were enacted in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 2011. Criminal Histories are very important. The law states that there are what is called enumerated offenses for criminal convictions or involvement with Children and Youth or the Department of Human Services. There are requirements concerning whether you or your ex wants to relocate with your child or children to another area or state.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire has been before the judges. He is not satisfied until he get the results you want. Ask him.
Ask the young woman never arrested in her life who found herself incarcerated in Clearfield County. Mr. Earl fought for her and she was released. She was all alone until Mr. Earl arrived.
• A.S v. M.K In the Superior Court Of Pennsylvania No. 3009 EDA 2012, Douglas P. Earl, Esquire wins an appeal of a bitterly fought custody case for the step-mother in a case where the father died.
• Douglas P. Earl, Esquire wins adoption case brought by mother and step-father In the Interest of: S.E.E., A Minor, Appeal of: M.S, Mother, and S.S, Step-Father, Superior Court of Pennsylvania No. 1779 EDA 2017, decided January 8, 2018. Court agrees that Family Court Judge abused its discretion when denying the Petition to Involuntary Terminate Parental Rights and allow the step-father to adopt the child.
Protection From Abuse, Domestic Violence/Restraining Orders
• Mr. Earl defends a police officer who is accused by her sister of hitting her over the head with a beer bottle and after the incident, threatening to go to her house. Defense of self-defense, Judge dismisses the Protection From Abuse Petition against the police officer.
• Mr. Earl defends an ex-husband accused of abuse and stalking be ex-wife. Case is resolved with the dismissal after a period of no further problems.
• Mr. Earl defends a man accused of threatening to send family members to the residence of his ex-girlfriend to assault her. Ex-girlfriend brings text message of threat to court. Case was dismissed.
• Mr. Earl represents a medical student in obtaining a Protection From Abuse Order against an ex-boyfriend.
• Douglas P. Earl, Esquire defends a father who is accused by his ex-wife of abusing their 15 year old daughter. Mr. Earl prepares the father and his girlfriend for the abuse hearing. He prepares the cross-examination questions of the 15 year old daughter. Father was trying to discipline his daughter over graphic posts on social media and sexting. Case against Father was dismissed after a full hearing.
• Douglas P. Earl, Esquire wins on an appeal of a child support case from an order where half of the father’s income was garnished.
• Keisha Hamilton v. Andre E. Hamilton, In the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, No. 1443 EDA 2016, Mr. Earl represents father. Mr. Hamilton wins his appeal. The Superior Court agrees that Family Court was wrong by imputing income to him.
Philadelphia Criminal Lawyer
If you have been accused of a crime, you should call me at (215) 627-5970 today! Douglas P. Earl, Esquire understands that you need more than just a lawyer in Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery Counties, Philadelphia or throughout Pennsylvania. You need someone that understands your case inside and out, explains what to expect during every step, answers the phone when you need me and aggressively protects your rights. This is exactly what Douglas P. Earl, Esquire provides to all of his clients, and you can rest assured that you will receive this same personal attention and support through this difficult time. This is why Mr. Earl listens to every detail, why he uses photos, Google map.
New Criminal Record Sealing Law. There is hope even if you have a conviction for a 2nd or 3rd degree misdemeanor. Act 5 of 2016 is now in effect which expands criminal record sealing for many low-level misdemeanors. Pennsylvanians may be eligible if all the following apply to them:
Convicted of a misdemeanor of the 2nd or 3rd degree;
Free of arrest and conviction for a period of 10 years;
Never convicted of certain crimes (felonies, 1st degree misdemeanors or 2nd degree simple assault);
Have fewer than four misdemeanor convictions; and
All fine and costs associated with the case have been paid.
A criminal record often carries a lifetime of consequences, and even a minor criminal record can be a serious interfere with employment, housing, education and training, financial empowerment, and more.
• United States v. Jose Artemillo-Castillo; U.S. District Court E.D. of PA (2006); Secured an acquittal after a 3 co-defendant jury trial in which the Defendant was charged with the distribution of 5 Kilograms or More of Cocaine and Aiding and Abetting. Client faced potential life imprisonment. Also obtained release from detention prior to the trial.
• United States v. Devin Barnes; U.S. District Court E.D. of PA (2008); Mr. Barnes sentenced for two robberies involving firearms under the Hobbs Act. Defendant sentenced to total of 9 months confinement.
• Commonwealth v. Hector Mendez; Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas (2005); Mr. Mendez was found not guilty in jury trial of Rape, Involuntary Deviate Sexual Intercourse, Sexual Assault, Indecent Assault, Unlawful Restraint, Simple Assault, Indecent Exposure.
• Commonwealth v. Basemy Gabriel, Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas (2011); Mr. Gabriel sentenced to minimum sentence of three years imprisonment for third degree murder.
• Commonwealth v. David Dlabik, Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas (2015); Mr. Dlabik given credit for being in a recovery house. He does not have to serve a mandatory term of imprisonment of one year for his third DUI conviction.
• Commonwealth of Pennsylvania v. Rene Vega, No. 2053 EDA 2015 Firearms conviction reversed. Client was chased by police, arrested in the bathroom of a barber shop. Firearm recovered by the police from the ceiling. Superior Court vacates the conviction holding that there was not enough evidence of client possessing the gun.
• Douglas P. Earl, Esquire defends a man against child pornography.The Federal Sentencing Guidelines recommended nine years incarceration. The man is sentenced to one day incarceration followed by a lengthy period of supervised release which includes ongoing therapy.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire is an experienced lawyer who has been in Courtroom all over Pennsylvania, in Federal Courts throughout Pennsylvania, Delaware and Norfolk, Virginia, and has engaged in complex litigation. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire will work aggressively to get you the outcome you deserve. It is why drug paraphernalia charges against my client, a shop owner, were dismissed. I listened to every word of a surveillance tape and made a transcript of it. I knew every aspect of the testimony of the undercover narcotics field officer before he was scheduled to testify. It is why I watched the DVD of an interview over and over. I did not trust the written report of the forensic interviewer.
As a lawyer serving the people of Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery Counties, Philadelphia and people throughout Pennsylvania he has already been there. Mr. Earl knows what to do when a police detective or federal agent (be it a Postal Inspector, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Homeland Security or the Drug Enforcement Agency) contacts you.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire knows exactly what to do when you or your loved one has been arrested.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire knows drug forfeiture laws. Things looked bad when the Pennsylvania State Police arrested two men on Interstate 80 near Penn State. One of the men was charged with fraud for having stolen debit cards. $30,000 cash was taken from them by the State Police which belonged to the wife of one of man arrested out on the highway. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire was retained. Ask the woman who had $30,000 seized by the Pennsylvania State Police near Penn State what happened. Mr. Earl went to Centre County in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania. He fought in court and after a difficult fight the money was ordered to be returned to her. It was not easy. First the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania claimed the seized money by invoking the drug forfeiture laws. Then the state of Pennsylvania claimed that it was justified in seizing and keeping the money based upon the Common Law forfeiture laws. Mr. Earl will go anywhere in Pennsylvania including Federal Court, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia Counties to defend you against criminal charges or fight for the return of your property that the police, state troopers, or other law enforcement agencies have seized.
Ask the young woman in Lycoming County who lost custody of her child. Mr. Earl fought for her.
Mr. Earl has represented individuals and professionals who were contacted by government investigators including individuals served with grand jury subpoenas. Throughout his distinguished career, Mr. Earl has tried numerous jury trials and he has been successful in handling cases. Many of Mr. Earl’s new clients are referrals from satisfied clients.
Overview: What our legal practice offers
- 28 years of experience in various fields of law
- Expert advice and representation by a specialized attorney
- Return phone calls in a timely manner
- Provide honest assessments of cases, whether good or bad
- Perform all work with the highest level of care and attention to detail
Your rights are at risk! You need a lawyer in Philadelphia with experience and compassion that provides aggressive representation to keep your rights protected. I am available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you.
Call (215) 627-5970 today for your consultation. You can’t afford to lose any more time without an experienced Philadelphia attorney at your side!
I handle family court matters in many different counties across the state of Pennsylvania. I practice primarily in the areas of Philadelphia, Delaware, Chester, and Montgomery Counties. I have handled matters as far away as Erie.