LET US FIGHT HARD FOR YOUR RIGHTS!
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire regularly practices in Philadelphia, Bucks, Delaware and Philadelphia Counties. He advocates for people wherever someone needs him. Our law office understands that when people hire an attorney, they are often experiencing very stressful situations. People need someone who cares about them and is effective. The Law Office of Douglas Earl, LLC makes sure our clients not only receive high-quality legal services, but also the support and resources they deserve.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire has also represented people in Delaware and Virginia. Mr. Earl traveled to Norfolk, Virginia to fight in Federal court there. He has traveled to Erie, Pennsylvania twice to fight for a mother in a custody case. Mr. Earl has been to Scranton and Wilkes Barre many times. Mr. Earl has been to Wayne County, Williamsport, Lycoming County, Bellefonte, Centre County, Clearfield County, Lock Haven, Clinton County. He listens and works hard to represent his client.
Ask the young woman never arrested in her life who found herself incarcerated in Clearfield County. Mr. Earl fought for her and she was released. She was all alone until Mr. Earl arrived.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire knows drug forfeiture laws. Things looked bad when the Pennsylvania State Police arrested two men on Interstate 80 near Penn State. One of the men was charged with fraud for having stolen debit cards. $30,000 cash was taken from them by the State Police which belonged to the wife of one of man arrested out on the highway. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire was retained. Ask the woman who had $30,000 seized by the Pennsylvania State Police near Penn State what happened. Mr. Earl went to Centre County in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania. He fought in court and after a difficult fight the money was ordered to be returned to her. It was not easy. First the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania claimed the seized money by invoking the drug forfeiture laws. Then the state of Pennsylvania claimed that it was justified in seizing and keeping the money based upon the Common Law forfeiture laws. Mr. Earl will go anywhere in Pennsylvania including Federal Court, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia Counties to defend you against criminal charges or fight for the return of your property that the police, state troopers, or other law enforcement agencies have seized.
Ask the young woman in Lycoming County who lost custody of her child. Mr. Earl fought for her.
Mr. Earl has represented individuals and professionals who were contacted by government investigators including individuals served with grand jury subpoenas. Throughout his distinguished career, Mr. Earl has tried numerous jury trials and he has been successful in handling cases. Many of Mr. Earl’s new clients are referrals from satisfied clients.
Overview: What our legal practice offers
- 28 years of experience in various fields of law
- Expert advice and representation by a specialized attorney
- Return phone calls in a timely manner
- Provide honest assessments of cases, whether good or bad
- Perform all work with the highest level of care and attention to detail
Look at the Cases Mr. Earl has handled:
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire has obtained substantial civil awards for children who are victims of sexual assault. In one case Douglas P. Earl, Esquire fought for an 11 year old victim of sexual abuse the child suffered at a children’s birthday party and obtained a substantial monetary award.
In a second case Douglas P. Earl, Esquire obtained a substantial monetary award for a child and his parents where the child was sexually assaulted while playing outside in an apartment complex.
Family Court – Wins Custody for Father in a bitter fight.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire wins adoption case brought by mother and step-father. In the Interest of: S.E.E., A Minor, Appeal of: M.S, Mother, and S.S, Step-Father, Superior Court of Pennsylvania No. 1779 EDA 2017, decided January 8, 2018. Court agrees that Family Court Judge abused his discretion when denying the Petition to Involuntary Terminate Parental Rights and allow the step-father to adopt the child.
Child Custody Case – Douglas P. Earl, Esquire wins an appeal of a bitterly fought custody case for the step-mother in a case where the father died. Superior Court of Pennsylvania case A.S v. M.K, No. 3009 EDA 2012.
Child Support Appeal – Douglas P. Earl, Esquire wins on an appeal of a child support case from an order where half of the father’s income was garnished.
Child Support Appeal – Mr. Earl represents father. Mr. Hamilton wins his appeal. The Superior Court agrees that Family Court was wrong by imputing income to him. Keisha Hamilton v. Andre E. Hamilton, In the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, No. 1443 EDA 2016.
Family Court – Obtained permission for a mother to relocate with her daughter to Florida.
Douglas P. Earl earns a dismissal of a Protection From Abuse petition against a teacher accused of child molestation.
Federal Criminal Matters
– United States v. Jose Artemillo-Castillo; U.S. District Court E.D. of PA (2006); Secured an acquittal after a 3 co-defendant jury trial in which the Defendant was charged with the distribution of 5 Kilograms or More of Cocaine and Aiding and Abetting. Client faced potential life imprisonment. Also obtained release from detention prior to the trial.
United States v. Devin Barnes; U.S. District Court E.D. of PA (2008); Defendant sentenced for two robberies involving firearms under the Hobbs Act. Defendant sentenced to total of 9 months confinement.
Criminal Matters in State Court in Pennsylvania
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania vs. Rene Vega, Case Number 2053 EDA 2015, Superior Court of Pennsylvania. Mr. Earl represents Mr. Vega in his appeal from a conviction under the Uniform Firearms Act. The Superior Court grants the appeal and vacates the conviction.
Pennsylvania Criminal Matters
Commonwealth v. Hector Mendez; Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas (2005); Defendant was found not guilty in jury trial of Rape, Involuntary Deviate Sexual Intercourse, Sexual Assault, Indecent Assault, Unlawful restraint, Simple Assault, Indecent Exposure.
- Commonwealth v. Basemy Gabriel, Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas (2011); Defendant sentenced to minimum sentence of three years imprisonment for third degree murder.
- Commonwealth v. David Dlabik, Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas (2015); Defendant given credit for being in a recovery house. He does not have to serve a mandatory term of imprisonment of one year for his third DUI conviction.
- Practice Areas:
- Domestic Violence, Protection from Abuse
- Child Custody
- -White Collar Criminal Defense & Corporate Investigations
- -Federal Criminal Defense – Douglas P. Earl gets results
- Sex Crimes – Douglas P. Earl, Esquire knows how to spring into action and provide the best experts to work with him.
-Asset/Forfeiture and Return of Property Cases
- -Criminal Defense – Pennsylvania
- -Professional Responsibility Law
- -Villanova University, B.S.,
- -New York Law School, J.D.
- -Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania;
- -Federal District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania;
- -United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
To contact Mr. Earl directly telephone (215) 627-5970 or email him at email@example.com