Pennsylvania Attorney based in Philadelphia – Douglas P. Earl, Esquire
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire is a Veteran of the United States Army. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire regularly practices in Philadelphia, Bucks, Delaware and Philadelphia Counties. He advocates for people wherever someone needs him. Mr. Earl has gone to Erie, Pennsylvania to represent a Mother who happens to be a veteran of the United States Navy. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire brings more than 34 years of experience to every case. He is a 1988 graduate of New York Law School and a 1982 graduate of Villanova University. While attending law school, he continued working for the Massachusetts Department of Revenue. Mr. Earl was then an intern with the Kings (Brooklyn) County, New York District Attorney’s Office until my graduation from law school.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire regularly practices in Philadelphia, Bucks, Delaware and Philadelphia Counties. He advocates for people wherever someone needs him. Our law office understands that when people hire an attorney, they are often experiencing very stressful situations. People need someone who cares about them and is effective. The Law Office of Douglas Earl, LLC makes sure our clients not only receive high-quality legal services, but also the support and resources they deserve.
It matters when it is your day in court that you have a lawyer ready to fight for you anywhere in Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery Counties, in Philadelphia or throughout Pennsylvania who has been there and knows how to represent you. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire’s preparation will also help you a great deal. You will know what to expect, what documents you need, what discovery will help you the most, what you will be asked in court, what witnesses will help you. The preparation may also help you with an advantageous settlement. Regardless, Douglas P. Earl, Esquire is prepared to fight for you in court and every step leading up to your hearing or trial.
The experience of Douglas P. Earl, Esquire allows him to provide high quality representation while maintaining a personal relationship with you. Mr. Earl understands that by the time someone is searching for a lawyer in Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery Counties, Philadelphia or anywhere in Pennsylvania, they are already experiencing a stressful situation. Starting with your initial consultation Mr. Earl will listen to you, pay close attention to the details and provide an honest assessment of your case, whether good or bad. His goal is to help you or your love one be successful during this stressful time and provide you with the aggressive representation that you deserve.
Philadelphia Lawyer who represents people anywhere he is hired to go to
You will find Mr. Earl in court two to five days a week. With more than 34 years of experience on our side, you can be certain that Mr. Earl has encountered situations like yours before. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire knows how to anticipate the challenges that arise in criminal, divorce and family law cases. He knows how to overcome these challenges, no matter how complex they may seem at first.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire has represented thousands of individuals in Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery Counties, Philadelphia and throughout Pennsylvania in Adoption, Custody, Child and Spousal Support, Divorce, Protection From Abuse, Domestic Violence cases. Mr. Earl asks questions and investigates your case to get a clear understanding of the situation concerning your children and the difficulty you are having. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire has represented parents in Erie and Lycoming Counties in Custody cases. Mr. Earl knows the impact of the changes in Pennsylvania in the Custody and Domestic Relations laws that were enacted in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 2011. Criminal Histories are very important. The law states that there are what is called enumerated offenses for criminal convictions or involvement with Children and Youth or the Department of Human Services. There are requirements concerning whether you or your ex wants to relocate with your child or children to another area or state.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire has been before the judges. He is not satisfied until he get the results you want. Ask him.
October 30, 2023: M.N.W. vs. D.G.M., Protection from Abuse – Douglas P. Earl, Esquire represents D.G.M. against a Protection from Abuse Petition filed by his ex-live in girlfriend M.N.W. Judge dismisses PFA petition. M.N.W. claimed that D.G.M. assaulted and intimidated her. She testified that she was afraid of D.G.M. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire was ready with a strong cross examination and defense. Ex-girlfriend had their six year old daughter testify. Two sisters of D.G.M. testified. One sister testified that she was on the phone with D.G.M. and overheard an argument but no threats or violence. The second sister testified that the six year old child of M.N.W. and D.G.M. went to her house after the argument for dinner and the child was fine.
June 21, 2023: Douglas P. Earl, Esquire represented L.P. against a finding she was a perpetrator of child abuse by the Children and Youth Division of the Department of Human Services. The Hearing was before the Bureau of Hearings and Appeals of the Department of Human Services of Pennsylvania.
L.P. was accused of Child Abuse because a pill box was containing a pink ecstasy pill was unzippered. L.P. was with her child. L.P. was a selecting a television program and did not see the child take the pill out of the pill box during a period of only a minute. L.P. took immediate action when she noticed what happened. The child was immediately taken to the hospital. The child showed no signs ecstasy ingestion although there was pink residue on the lips of the child.
The Judge agreed that L.P. did not commit Child Abuse. The Law Derpartment and DHS vigorously pursued a case of Child Abuse against L.P. This is where you need protection. A Finding of Child Abuse can prevent you from working around children. Mr. Earl has protected people against overzealous social workers.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire knows how to fight against Children and Youth. Do not be intimidated. Mr. Earl will fight for you. You will be surprised how one decision by a social worker assigned to investigate a claim of child abuse against you may set in motion a whole series of events which start taking away your rights. You will also be surprised that a decision by a social worker or therapist may be biased and not supported by the evidence.
April 19, 2023: Douglas P. Earl, Esquire represents T.D. before the Board of License and Inspection Review on Appeal from the disapproval of her application for a Firearms Permit. T.D. is now approved and has her Firearms Permit.
April 17, 2023: N.G. vs. Q.T. and Q.H. – Another success story. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire represents N.G. Her three month old baby was in the custody of the father and the paternal grandmother. Judge orders the baby returned to the mother after a contested hearing. Mr. Earl was ready with exhibits including an email from the hospital social worker.
April 10, 2023: M.M.-G. vs. E.D.D, Philadelphia Family Court – Douglas P. Earl, Esquire represents M.M.-G. in an Emergency Custody Petition. Children were taken to Cameron County by Father. Father claims children were abused. Judge grants Emergency Custody and Orders return of children to Mother.
March 31, 2023: F.B. vs. C.D. – Douglas P. Earl, Esquire represents C.D., the mother, in Philadelphia Family Court in her quest for her 5 year old son relocate and live with her on Long Island, New York. Child had been living with Father in Philadelphia. Judge grants Mother’s request. Child will be living with Mother in Long Island. It was a hard fought battle. Mother won because her exhibits, many photographs of the Child with Mother and her other children as well as information about proposed school, were presented to the Judge.
February 3, 2023: Commonwealth vs. Rogers, Municipal Court of Philadelphia – Case Dismissed. Client was arrested because he used a firearm, which he lawfully possessed and had a gun permit, against a criminal who was stealing his car. Client was taking out the trash when he saw the car thief. Police arrested him and charged him with assault, reckless endangerment, and possession of instrument of crime with intent because he told the police that he fired at the thief for stealing his car. Attorney Douglas Earl’s defense was based on Corpus Delicti rule.
December 5, 2022 – Mr. Earl defends mother against father’s petition for primary physical custody in Montgomery County. Father’s attorney wanted custody evaluation and made allegations against mother. Judge Orders parenting coordinator for parties for their 12 year old daughter. Mother keeps primary custody of child.
October, 7, 2022 – Not Guilty Jury Verdict. Commonwealth vs. R.G., Common Please Court Criminal Division, 2021. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire defends R.G. against rape charges in a jury trial and wins an acquittal. R.G. found not guilty by jury on October 7, 2022. Attorney Earl worked hard to uncover facts not found by detective. Attorney Earl used cell phone video, had a transcript made of body cam footage and cell phone videos as well as photos.
September 19, 2022 – Douglas P. Earl, Esquire obtains return seized United States currency by the Drug Enforcement Agency to Client of $750,000 after hard fought settlement negotiations.
June 6, 2022 – Douglas P. Earl, Esquire obtains dismissal of charges of weapons and devices charges against Client for having a pellet gun at Philadelphia International Airport. Client brought pellet gun to airport unknowingly. Pellet gun belonged to son and client did not know it was in her luggage. Charges dismissed after client does community service.
• October 30, 2020 – In the Matter of Seizure of Twenty Thousand Dollars and Zero Cents ($20,000) in United States Currency. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire represents family member whose relative had $20,000 seized by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA). DEA claimed there was residue of cocaine on the money. DEA agrees to return money.
Ask the young woman never arrested in her life who found herself incarcerated in Clearfield County. Mr. Earl fought for her and she was released. She was all alone until Mr. Earl arrived.
Federal Criminal Lawyer and Forfeiture Lawyer
• Commonwealth of Pennsylvania vs. In RE: $29,600.00 U.S Currency and Six (6) Mastercard Debit Cards, No. CP-14-MD-1896-2015. Ask the Woman who had $30,000 seized by the Pennsylvania State Police near Penn State returned to her. Attorney Earl went to Centre County in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, fought in court and after a difficult fight the money was ordered to be returned to her.
Family Court Lawyer
• November 6, 2020 – T.V. vs. A.J., Philadelphia Family Court Judge grants Mother’s Contempt petition against father. Attorney Earl represented Mother. Father withheld child claiming that it was not safe for child to travel because of corona virus. Mother lives in Florida. Judge grants Attorney Earl’s request that Mother start period of shared custody of four year old child , plus orders that Mother have make up time for missed time with child. Judge also grants Attorney Earl’s request that Mother be reimbursed for the attorney fees she paid Mr. Earl.
• October 23, 2020 – K.S. vs. S.R., Philadelphia Family Court – Douglas P. Earl, Esquire successfully defends Mother against Petition to Modify Custody Order by Father. Father claiming that Mother allowed a prohibited party from being with their 8 year old daughter. Custody Order was that boyfriend of Mother could not be in presence of child. Boyfriend of Mother had a conviction for firearm offense. Father produced video of boyfriend of Mother being in the presence of the child. Attorney Earl argued that child should testify. Attorney Earl cross examined Father to bring to the attention of the court that the daughter was a happy child. Firearm offense not enumerated offense in Domestic Relations Custody law. Judge denied request by Father to have primary custody. Court changed Order to permit the live in boyfriend to live with Mother and child. Child testified that she was bonded with boyfriend and the other child of boyfriend. See also google review. Testimony also clear that Mother active in meeting needs of child.
• A.S v. M.K In the Superior Court Of Pennsylvania No. 3009 EDA 2012, Douglas P. Earl, Esquire wins an appeal of a bitterly fought custody case for the step-mother in a case where the father died.
• Douglas P. Earl, Esquire wins adoption case brought by mother and step-father In the Interest of: S.E.E., A Minor, Appeal of: M.S, Mother, and S.S, Step-Father, Superior Court of Pennsylvania No. 1779 EDA 2017, decided January 8, 2018. Court agrees that Family Court Judge abused its discretion when denying the Petition to Involuntary Terminate Parental Rights and allow the step-father to adopt the child.
Protection From Abuse, Domestic Violence/Restraining Orders
• W.C. vs. C.M. Mr. Earl defends a father against abuse allegations against him by his mother-in-law. Mother-in-law claimed the father threatened to burn her house down and have ‘people’ deal with her. Mr. Earl exposed the truth in his defense. The case was dismissed.
• V.C vs. R.C. Mr. Earl defends adult daughter against allegations of abuse in a Protection From Abuse case brought by adult Mother. Case was dismissed. Adult Mother was represented by attorney from Senior Law Center. Mother accused client of threatening her numerous times. Case had to go to court three times because the Court did not call the case for a hearing the first two times it was before a Judge. The Court claimed it had a crowded docket. Mother claimed she was in fear. Mr. Earl cross examined Mother that her actions did not show this.
• Commonwealth v. Brandon Dukes, Aggravated Assault charges against client dismissed. Client accused of biting, choking, and assaulting his pregnant girlfriend.
• Mr. Earl defends a police officer who is accused by her sister of hitting her over the head with a beer bottle and after the incident, threatening to go to her house. Defense of self-defense, Judge dismisses the Protection From Abuse Petition against the police officer.
• Mr. Earl defends an ex-husband accused of abuse and stalking be ex-wife. Case is resolved with the dismissal after a period of no further problems.
• Mr. Earl defends a man accused of threatening to send family members to the residence of his ex-girlfriend to assault her. Ex-girlfriend brings text message of threat to court. Case was dismissed.
• Mr. Earl represents a medical student in obtaining a Protection From Abuse Order against an ex-boyfriend.
• Douglas P. Earl, Esquire defends a father who is accused by his ex-wife of abusing their 15 year old daughter. Mr. Earl prepares the father and his girlfriend for the abuse hearing. He prepares the cross-examination questions of the 15 year old daughter. Father was trying to discipline his daughter over graphic posts on social media and sexting. Case against Father was dismissed after a full hearing.
– Douglas P. Earl, Esquire represented husband in Protection From Abuse case T.M vs. A.M PFA Case No. 1806V7922. Case dismissed. Client accused of threatening wife with a gun.
– Douglas P. Earl, Esquire represented wife in Protection From Abuse case S.D vs. J.D Case No. 1909V7240. Client granted final three year Protection From Abuse Order. Husband banged on window frightening wife.
• E.B. In Re: M.L BHA Docket No. 021-18-0933: Children and Youth division of Philadelphia Department of Human Services filed an indicated report of child abuse against Father based upon bruises. Judge grants appeal and orders child abuse record expunged. Judge rules no substantial evidence of impairment or substantial pain.
• Douglas P. Earl, Esquire wins on an appeal of a child support case from an order where half of the father’s income was garnished.
• Douglas P. Earl, Esquire wins two appeals (No. 1443 EDA 2016 and No. 3364 EDA 2017) from two Family Court Judges who ordered Mr. Hamilton to pay child support based upon what the court claims his income should have been. The Superior Court agrees that Family Court was wrong. Mr. Earl represented father.
Philadelphia Criminal Lawyer
If you have been accused of a crime, you should call me at (215) 627-5970 today! Douglas P. Earl, Esquire understands that you need more than just a lawyer in Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery Counties, Philadelphia or throughout Pennsylvania. You need someone that understands your case inside and out, explains what to expect during every step, answers the phone when you need me and aggressively protects your rights. This is exactly what Douglas P. Earl, Esquire provides to all of his clients, and you can rest assured that you will receive this same personal attention and support through this difficult time. This is why Mr. Earl listens to every detail, why he uses photos, Google map.
New Criminal Record Sealing Law. There is hope even if you have a conviction for a 2nd or 3rd degree misdemeanor. Act 5 of 2016 is now in effect which expands criminal record sealing for many low-level misdemeanors. Pennsylvanians may be eligible if all the following apply to them:
Convicted of a misdemeanor of the 2nd or 3rd degree;
Free of arrest and conviction for a period of 10 years;
Never convicted of certain crimes (felonies, 1st degree misdemeanors or 2nd degree simple assault);
Have fewer than four misdemeanor convictions; and
All fine and costs associated with the case have been paid.
A criminal record often carries a lifetime of consequences, and even a minor criminal record can be a serious interfere with employment, housing, education and training, financial empowerment, and more.
• September 28, 2023: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania vs. K.O., MC-51-CR-0003060-2023 – A date of client accused client of assaulting her after a Super Bowl party. Judge finds that there might have been a tussle but that there was no crime committed. District Attorneys brought out at the trial photos of bruises and a damaged lip. The defense brought out that the complaining witness was contacting my client after the incident. The Court dismissed all charges.
• Commonwealth v. S.J.; Douglas P. Earl, Esquire takes over case after jury convicts S.J. of Aggravated Assault on her baby. S.J. and her boyfriend were arguing in bed. Child was stabbed in the head resulting in serious injury. Boyfriend had the knife. The District Office agrees on appeal that S.J. should not have been convicted of aggravated assault.
• Douglas P. Earl, Esquire represents client in an appeal who was found to be a Sexually Violent Predator (“SVP”) in the case of Commonwealth v. M.F. 461 EDA 2017. Superior Court reverses SVP status. Client is no longer a Sexually Violent Predator and subject to lifetime registration. Client is no longer required to report on a monthly basis.
• United States v. J.A-C.; U.S. District Court E.D. of PA (2006); Secured an acquittal after a 3 co-defendant jury trial in which the Defendant was charged with the distribution of 5 Kilograms or More of Cocaine and Aiding and Abetting. Client faced potential life imprisonment. Also obtained release from detention prior to the trial.
• United States v. D.B.; U.S. District Court E.D. of PA (2008); D.B. sentenced for two robberies involving firearms under the Hobbs Act. Defendant sentenced to total of 9 months confinement.
• Commonwealth v. H.M.; Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas (2005); H.M. was found not guilty in jury trial of Rape, Involuntary Deviate Sexual Intercourse, Sexual Assault, Indecent Assault, Unlawful Restraint, Simple Assault, Indecent Exposure.
• Commonwealth v. B.G., Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas (2011); B.G. sentenced to minimum sentence of three years imprisonment for third degree murder.
• Commonwealth v. D.D., Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas (2015); D.D. given credit for being in a recovery house. He does not have to serve a mandatory term of imprisonment of one year for his third DUI conviction.
• Commonwealth of Pennsylvania v. R.V., No. 2053 EDA 2015 Firearms conviction reversed. Client was chased by police, arrested in the bathroom of a barber shop. Firearm recovered by the police from the ceiling. Superior Court vacates the conviction holding that there was not enough evidence of client possessing the gun.
• Douglas P. Earl, Esquire defends a man against child pornography.The Federal Sentencing Guidelines recommended nine years incarceration. The man is sentenced to one day incarceration followed by a lengthy period of supervised release which includes ongoing therapy.
• Douglas P. Earl, Esquire wins the judgment of acquittal on Driving Under the Influence (DUI) case, Commonwealth v. B.B. Blood test not used against B.B. in trial because his rights were violated.
• Douglas P. Earl, Esquire gets a NOT GUILTY verdict in the case of Commonwealth v. Conti in which the client was on trial for driving with a suspended license DUI. If Mr. Conti was convicted, he would have faced a mandatory 90 day jail term.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire is an experienced lawyer who has been in Courtroom all over Pennsylvania, in Federal Courts throughout Pennsylvania, Delaware and Norfolk, Virginia, and has engaged in complex litigation. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire will work aggressively to get you the outcome you deserve. It is why drug paraphernalia charges against my client, a shop owner, were dismissed. I listened to every word of a surveillance tape and made a transcript of it. I knew every aspect of the testimony of the undercover narcotics field officer before he was scheduled to testify. It is why I watched the DVD of an interview over and over. I did not trust the written report of the forensic interviewer.
As a lawyer serving the people of Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery Counties, Philadelphia and people throughout Pennsylvania he has already been there. Mr. Earl knows what to do when a police detective or federal agent (be it a Postal Inspector, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Homeland Security or the Drug Enforcement Agency) contacts you.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire knows exactly what to do when you or your loved one has been arrested.
Douglas P. Earl, Esquire knows drug forfeiture laws. Things looked bad when the Pennsylvania State Police arrested two men on Interstate 80 near Penn State. One of the men was charged with fraud for having stolen debit cards. $30,000 cash was taken from them by the State Police which belonged to the wife of one of man arrested out on the highway. Douglas P. Earl, Esquire was retained. Ask the woman who had $30,000 seized by the Pennsylvania State Police near Penn State what happened. Mr. Earl went to Centre County in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania. He fought in court and after a difficult fight the money was ordered to be returned to her. It was not easy. First the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania claimed the seized money by invoking the drug forfeiture laws. Then the state of Pennsylvania claimed that it was justified in seizing and keeping the money based upon the Common Law forfeiture laws. Mr. Earl will go anywhere in Pennsylvania including Federal Court, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia Counties to defend you against criminal charges or fight for the return of your property that the police, state troopers, or other law enforcement agencies have seized.
Ask the young woman in Lycoming County who lost custody of her child. Mr. Earl fought for her.
Mr. Earl has represented individuals and professionals who were contacted by government investigators including individuals served with grand jury subpoenas. Throughout his distinguished career, Mr. Earl has tried numerous jury trials and he has been successful in handling cases. Many of Mr. Earl’s new clients are referrals from satisfied clients.
Overview: What our legal practice offers
- 34 years of experience in various fields of law
- Expert advice and representation by a specialized attorney
- Return phone calls in a timely manner
- Provide honest assessments of cases, whether good or bad
- Perform all work with the highest level of care and attention to detail
Your rights are at risk! You need a lawyer in Philadelphia with experience and compassion that provides aggressive representation to keep your rights protected. I am available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you.
Call (215) 627-5970 today for your consultation. You can’t afford to lose any more time without an experienced Philadelphia attorney at your side!
I handle family court matters in many different counties across the state of Pennsylvania. I practice primarily in the areas of Philadelphia, Delaware, Chester, and Montgomery Counties. I have handled matters as far away as Erie.
Pennsylvania Attorney based in Philadelphia – Douglas P. Earl, Esquire